Here’s how we got our win on here at diglibdig:
1) Posted with a call for a tenth contributor and an announcement that one of our first nine contributors would also win a prize.
2) Checked our email account
obsessively regularly, hoping for a post from said tenth contributor.
3) Jumped with glee when Carrie Schmidt heeded the call with a post about food priorities while moving. Our first prize pack would travel all the way across the country to Vancouver, BC!
4) Drew names from an oven mitt to determine which of our first nine contributors would win the other prize pack. ‘Cause we librarians are all about rigour. No chef’s hat was to be found in Laura’s kitchen, so we made do with what we had.
5) Thought it was fitting that Jennifer O’Donnell, who posted about the joy of soup when the cold weather first made its appearance, should be our second winner as winter closed in. Her prize pack would take a much shorter journey to Kingston, ON.
6) Assembled Montreal/Quebec goodies:
Olive oil chocolates
Sucre a la creme
Ginger Lime preserves / Red Pepper preserves
Maple syrup candy
Fleur de sel spoon (probably not from Quebec but so cute Lora couldn’t resist)
Salmon jerky from the salmon store on St. Laurent
Powdered poutine sauce from St. Hubert
Maple potato donuts / Chai tea
(yes, of course we bought extras and ate them)
6) Bundled up the prizes and shipped them off to our winners.
7) Wished we could see the reactions of our winners upon receipt.